AAZK - TerraCycle
The Cape May County Zoo Chapter of the American Assoc. of Zookeepers (AAZK) has just teamed up with TerraCycle Inc. to keep dangerous trash out of the environment and raise funds for our organization. Visit http://www.terracycle.com/ for more information.
Help us collect certain trash from entering landfills and the oceans!!
We are now collecting the following:
- Cell phones & all other electronic waste (ie. mp3 players, computers, calculators, gps, cameras, etc.)
- Ink jet & toner cartridges
- Aluminum and plastic drink pouches with straws and spouts (ie. Capri Sun, Honest Kids)
- Any dairy tub: This is a big one!-rinsed out please-
a. Yogurt tubs/containers and lids, sour cream tubs and lids, cheese tubs and lids, cream cheese tubs and lids, butter and margarine tubs and lids, plastic ice cream tubs and lids, whipped topping tubs and lids, pudding tubs and lids, & all foil tops and plastic seals with any of these.
- Cheese packaging -rinsed out please-
a. Large flexible cheese packaging, such as shredded cheese packaging, string cheese packaging, individual slices outer packaging, solid cheese block packaging, Kraft Fresh Takes packaging, deli-style sliced cheese packaging and other large cheese packaging.
b. Individual cheese packaging such as individual slices packaging, individual string cheese packaging, and other individual cheese packaging.
c. Foil cheese packaging.
- Diaper packaging & wipes (plastic diaper packaging, wipes outer plastic packaging, individual wipes packaging)
- Plastic cereal bags & plastic cereal bag liners
- Personal care & beauty products: This is a big one!
a. Hair care packaging such as shampoo bottles and caps, conditioner bottles and caps, hair gel tubes and caps, hair spray bottles and triggers, and hair paste plastic jars and caps.
b. Skin care packaging such as lip balm tubes, face soap dispensers and tubes, face lotion bottles, tubes and plastic jars, body wash containers, soap tubes and dispensers, body lotion dispensers and bottles, shaving foam tubes (no cans), and hand lotion bottles and tubes.
c. Cosmetics packaging such as lipstick cases, lip gloss tubes, mascara tubes, eye shadow cases, bronzer cases, foundation packaging and bottles, powder cases, eyeliner cases, eyeliner pencils, eye shadow tubes, concealer tubes, concealer sticks, and lip liner pencils
We are also on a waiting list for:
- Candy wrappers (individual candy wrappers, large or family-size candy bags, multipack candy bag
- Household cleaner packaging (pumps, caps, triggers, pouches, & flexible cleaner packaging-no actual bottles)
- Snack Bags (any size chips, pretzels, etc.)
- Writing instruments (markers, pens, highlighters, mechanical pencils, etc.)
- Energy bar wrappers (any bar wrapper with foil inside) ie. Nutrigrain bars, granola bars, etc.
- Glad food storage containers (any brand plastic wrap or press and seal wrap, any brand plastic food storage containers & lids, any brand plastic zip lock bags!)
- Scotch Tape (any brand plastic tape dispenser & the core that holds the tape)
If you would like to save those as well, that would be great, but we won't be able to raise any money on them until a spot opens up for us. We will store the "trash" until then.
We will have collection bins/containers in the break room trailer for you to put your “trash” in. Signs with pictures will also be up to help decide what is acceptable. Any questions, ask Christy.
We appreciate your help in helping us clean up the environment a little at a time and raising money for the zoo.